Mac Thumbnails are not loading
How to fix finder if it is not loading the thumbnail previews.
When your mac thumbnail previews are not loading correctly and only showing the default icon if is a simple fix to force them to reload.
You can start by Force relaunching Finder.
- Go to the Apple Icon in the upper left corner and select the Force Quit option.
- Select Finder and hit Relaunch.
If this does not work then you will want to stop the thumbnail loading and then relaunch to force the thumbnails to reload
- Go to the Applications Folder
- Find the Utilities Folder and open the Activity Monitor App
- Use the search bar and search for com.apple.quicklook.ThumbnailsAgent
- Then click on com.apple.quicklook.ThumbnailsAgent and hit the stop button on the top
- The Relaunch Finder again